25 April, 2011

One RAINY Barbeque

Edit:
I was so LUCKY to get to see my new and good friend Kiesha! :) We are SO excited that she will be out nieghbor very soon. Counting the days!








So this rain has worn me out! So it was really amazing to have a BBQ. It certainly was not your traditional, sit outside and enjoy the nice weather kind. This was more like, avoid floating away and eat a LOT of food kind. My good friend Fallon planned this get together about a week before, when it was beautiful weather out, and I started planning right away. I love planning get togethers! Even more I LOVE finding new recipes and making yummy food. Fallon is lucky enough to have a fiance who cooks almost every meal that is made at their house. So needless to say.. it was a HUGE deal that she put this together without much help at all. We were all so proud! She made some amazing dishes! I was pretty jealous. I helped out with a couple sides, a dessert, and one AMAZING drink. As a whole we had a wonderful night eating, drinking, and enjoying each others company!


Fallon made this Pasta Salad that was HEAVENLY. I have got to get the recipe from her! It has asparagus, yellow peppers, and sun dried tomatoes. Seriously.. delicious!

Oh ya, I made that! I got the idea from Cyndi, it started as a "Punch Bowl Cake" and I just made some changes in the fruits. Cake, pudding, Cool Whip, fruit. I used blueberries, crushed pineapple, and strawberries. It was a mess of goodness. Final product :)

Oh and here is the blueberry lemonade. Fallon made ice cubes with different fruits frozen in them. Added a cute and yummy touch.

This is the "grownup" blueberry lemonade I made. just used frozen lemonade, blueberry vodka, frozen blueberries, and sliced lemons. Naturally it must be drank out of a pink stemmed wine glass. :)


My best friend, and great hostess!

We have a interesting friendship.. ha!


Fallon's corn and broccoli casserole, and green beans! Andy also made great burgers, they were about a foot thick. ha :)

Its not a BBQ with out Mac-N-Cheese! Oh this is my heaven. I used Cyndi's recipe, which is so amazing. We finished it ALL off that night :)



My boy knows how to eat! ha. Especially when is GREAT food.

Our sweet baby came with us. I feel so bad when we leave her alone on the weekends, so she went EVERYWHERE with us this weekend!


The ladies had to have girly, fruity drinks. Thank God (and my dad) for the Margarittaville Machine!

Cheese :) It was so good to see all of these girls!

LOVE my camera.

So, I found out Fallon roasts marshmallows in the GAS fire place. Am I the only person that finds that crazy & unhealthy?!



As a whole we had an amazing time. We all forgot about how nasty this weather and had a great time. I feel so lucky to have such amazing people in my life! Now if only we were lucky enough to have nicer weather.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! All of that looks delicious! I may have to try that blueberry lemonade recipe after I have the baby... maybe for Labor Day. :)

    ReplyDelete